Representation of a multinational consortium to renovate the port of Larnaka, Cyprus, a €1 billion mixed-use development project.
Formation and representation of $100 million international investment fund to develop renewable energy projects in Eastern Europe and select locations worldwide.
Representation of emerging market local participants in the formation of a joint venture with Western partners to construct a toll road, including negotiation of the concession agreement, financing arrangement and related documentation.
Representation of the lead bank in a $75 million government-guaranteed and OPIC-insured loan to a Jamaican company formed to build a major Jamaican toll road.
Representation of a central Asian seller/lessor/grantor in the sale, lease, grant of concession and grant of management rights for a 2,500 MW coal-fired power plant, cross-border transmission capacity, two hydroelectric power facilities and a regional distribution grid, respectively.
Representation of a national telecommunications carrier in the acquisition of its European partner's 50 percent stake in their earth station joint venture.
Representation of a national television company in negotiations for acquisition of a state-of-the-art nationwide satellite television distribution network.
Representation of a telecommunications provider in its negotiation of satellite services from, and a corresponding ownership interest in, a global satellite network.
Representation of a U.S. multinational client in the following transactions:
- Purchase and financing of state of the art manufacturing equipment in France.
- Establishment of a manufacturing facility on the outskirts of Moscow.
- Restructuring of a Russian operating subsidiary after the collapse of the ruble by means of an equity infusion in the form of a trademark license agreement.
- Acquisition of a French manufacturing facility and its related consumer products business.
- European-wide transfers and licenses back of trademarks using a Luxembourg entity capitalized by issuance of $2 billion in preferred equity certificates.
- Tax efficient long-term financing for a French operating subsidiary.
- Tax efficient medium-term financing for a Spanish operating subsidiary.
- Tax efficient sale and leaseback of UK operating assets in which a bank acted as a limited partner investor.
- Relocation of European Headquarters to London and advice on UK tax residency risks.
- Negotiation of a services and rights agreement and a factoring agreement for a joint venture in Turkey.
- Representation of a U.S. power company and its consultants in the acquisition and renovation of a coal-fired electrical power plant in Eastern Europe including a cross-border power purchase agreement.
- Representation of U.S. participants in the renovation of nuclear power plants in Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union.
- Delivery of a legal opinion to a U.S. manufacturer concerning the enforceability of Russian government indemnification in connection with the renovation of a nuclear power plant in St. Petersburg.
- Representation of the U.S. partner in a joint venture with the Bank of Communications in Shanghai for construction of a new headquarters office tower for the bank.
- Representation of a private Russian telecommunications company and internet provider in numerous joint ventures and financings and in the establishment of a holding company structure for its various affiliated entities.
- Representation of numerous underwriters over several years in offerings of debt and equity securities of a U.S. power company totaling in excess of $3 billion.
- Representation of a high tech start-up in the financing and development of software that allows users to control access to digital information transmitted over the Internet.
- Representation of a manager of high tech medical equipment in the formation and financing of numerous joint ventures throughout the United States.
- Representation of a North Carolina professional service company in the acquisition of a local practice in Dallas, Texas.
- Representation of a UK systems control company in the negotiation of a contract to install and operate an automated meter reading system for a major U.S. city.