McGuireWoods has earned an international reputation for mergers and acquisitions work, representing buyers and sellers in acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures. We have significant experience in a variety of M&A transactions, whether structured as asset or stock deals, and involving enterprises of all sizes. We have also worked with many companies in establishing, drafting and negotiating joint venture or strategic alliance agreements — part of which can be assisting with cost-effective, rapid means of expansion or better leveraging proprietary technology.
In situations in which only part of an enterprise is being sold, we work with clients and their other advisors to organize and analyze relevant due diligence; identify business, operational and legal problems; and develop solutions addressing those needs. We explore and implement financing arrangements; comply with and obtain appropriate clearance under tender offer, registration, proxy and other securities law requirements; identify and resolve other potential legal problems (including tax, antitrust, employee benefits, labor, environmental, liability exposure, real estate, and governmental and other consent or approval issues); and negotiate and draft the implementing agreements, technology licensing and other technology-sharing agreements and documentation.
Our experience includes:
- Mergers and acquisitions, venture capital, private equity and debt financings, IPOs
- Intellectual property licensing and technology transfer
- Contract manufacturing agreements
- Outsourcing of drug, device and biotechnology product development, manufacturing and marketing
- Co-development agreements
- Product manufacturing and supply agreements
- Co-marketing arrangements
- Quality agreements
- CRO and clinical trial agreements
The Healthcare Investor