McGuireWoods has extensive experience representing employers across the nation in all matters relating to the Occupational Safety and Health Act, state-OSHA programs, and the Mine Safety and Health Act. Our team includes attorneys from several practice groups, including Labor & Employment, Environmental Solutions, and Toxic Tort and Environmental Litigation. This multi-disciplinary team is uniquely equipped to handle all workplace safety and health issues that arise, including:
- Accident/Fatality Response
- Employer Self-Audits
- Enforcement Action Defense
- Indoor Air Quality Management
- OSHA and MSHA Inspections
- Regulatory Compliance
- Retaliation and Whistleblower Claims
- Safety and Health Program Design
When facing safety audits or emergencies, you need experienced, vigorous counsel who can represent and defend your company’s interests by your side. McGuireWoods safety and health services include:
- Responding to catastrophic workplace accidents and fatalities.
- Defending employers in OSHA and MSHA inspections and enforcement actions.
- Defending employers against complaints of retaliation and whistle-blowing violations filed with OSHA, MSHA, and state agencies.
- Counseling employers on developing and enhancing written safety and health programs and conducting self-audits.
- Advising employers on compliance with OSHA and MSHA regulations and other safety and health standards (and management of indoor air quality, including mold).