Friday, October 12, 2012
The River Club
Jacksonville, FL 32202
Thursday, October 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC 28202
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Le Parker Meridien
New York, NY 10019
2 Hours Ethics MCLE Credit Anticipated
- Which governmental branch defines the practice of law and enforces unauthorized practice of law restrictions.
- The definition of “practicing law,” and what exceptions apply.
- Whether self-help books and online services such as LegalZoom® constitute the “practice of law.”
- The line drawn between permissible and impermissible actions by paralegals.
- Activities that disbarred or suspended lawyers can engage in without violating the law.
- Whether in-house lawyers can represent their client/employer’s corporate affiliates, employees, customers or pro bono clients.
- Whether lawyers should be allowed to employ or partner with nonlawyers in providing legal services or nonlegal services.
- Whether nonlawyers should be allowed to own a minority or majority interest in a law firm.
Our programs are intended for the benefit of our clients and contacts and we reserve the right to refuse any registration at our sole discretion.