This program provided a summary of recent state enforcement updates, audit activity, legislative and legal updates, and best practices for compliance. For all subjects discussed, we presented options and possible solutions to help attendees address key regulatory expectations – thus reducing reputational risk, unfavorable media attention, and potential penalties and interest.
- A brief overview of the unclaimed property laws and statutory requirements
- Current trends in state enforcement and multistate audits
- Industry-specific hot buttons and audit red flags
- State and federal implications for noncompliance
- The importance and benefits of securing attorney-client privilege
- Suggestions, options and best practices for compliance