A new wave of retirement plan litigation is targeting Section 403(b) plansfor
nonprofit educational, charitable or religious organizations. While case law and
framework for 401(k) claims apply, some issues are unique to 403(b) plans —
leaving them more vulnerable to lawsuits.
This CLE webinar presented an overview of 403(b) cases
filed to date, legal theories raised, defenses, dismissals and the current state
of the litigation.
- Current trends in retirement fund litigation
- Theories plaintiffs allege to support their claims
- Lessons from 401(k) litigation
- Differences between 401(k) and 403(b) plans and claims
- Tips to help fiduciaries lower their litigation risk