How to Raise an SBIC Fund
November 30, 2012
Reuters/peHUB Private Equity Webinar with U.S. Small Business Chief Investment Officer, Samuel J. Boyd Jr.
Mark Kromkowski, the leader of our SBIC practice, participated in a free PEHub-sponsored webinar panel discussion on raising an SBIC fund.
Mark, and fellow panel members including Brad Whitman, Partner, Renovus Capital Partners, Samuel J. Boyd Jr., Chief Investment Officer, U.S. Small Business Administration and David M. Toll, Editor-in-Charge, Thomson Reuters Deals Group, discussed:
- The history of the SBIC program and changes under the Obama Administration
- Opportunities associated with an SBIC license
- Qualifications to apply
- How to apply for a license
- The SBIC licensing process and best practices
- How to find investors for your SBIC fund