McGuireWoods LLP announced today that the firm is once again included among
the nation’s top firms in the Thomson Reuters league tables for the Capital
Markets Review of Legal Advisors. Thomson Reuters ranked McGuireWoods as third
in the country for serving as issuer’s counsel for U.S. debt, equity and
equity-related transactions in 2008.
McGuireWoods represented issuers in connection with offerings representing
more than $63 billion in proceeds in 2008.
Thomson Reuters also ranked McGuireWoods highly in a variety of important
sub-categories of transactions in 2008, including several in which it was the
second leading issuer’s counsel in the nation. The firm was ranked as being a
leader in advising clients in the following types of transactions, which were
measured by their monetary value:
- #2 for U.S. equity and equity-related issuances by issuers.
- #2 for U.S. convertible offerings on behalf of issuers.
- #2 for U.S preferred stock by issuers.
- #4 for U.S. common stock offerings by issuers.
- #5 global equity issuances by U.S. issuers.
- #5 for U.S. straight debt by issuers, including MBS and ABS.
- #6 for U.S. straight debt by issuers, excluding MBS and ABS.
- #6 for U.S. investment-grade corporate debt on behalf of issuers.
- #10 for U.S. asset-backed securities on behalf of issuers.
Thomson Reuters is the world’s leading source of intelligent information for
businesses and professionals, and ranks law firms on the size of different types
of transactions quarterly and annually.