McGuireWoods LLP announced that six of its lawyers in Pittsburgh were named Pennsylvania Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” for 2012. “Rising Stars” recognizes top up-and-coming attorneys who are 40 years old or younger, or who have been practicing 10 or fewer years. Attorney rating service Super Lawyers will publish this year’s survey findings in their Pennsylvania Super Lawyers magazine, as well as in a special advertising section in the June 2012 issue of Pittsburgh Magazine.
McGuireWoods’ 2012 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers “Rising Stars”:
- Kevin Batik, Business Litigation
- Bryan C. Brantley, Personal Injury Defense: Products
- Jennifer L. Cairns, Personal Injury Defense: Products
- Stacia A. Christman, Environmental
- Brad A. Funari, Business Litigation
- David J. Hornyak, Mergers & Acquisitions
As part of the selection process, Super Lawyers identifies candidates through independent research and by inviting lawyers in each state to nominate the best attorneys they’ve observed in action. Super Lawyers attorney-led research staff evaluates candidates on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement.