McGuireWoods’ London office posted a strong showing in the latest rankings of United Kingdom lawyers and law firms by The Legal 500 with recognition as a “recommended firm” in banking and finance and six other practice areas, with 11 of the firm’s London lawyers rated as “recommended,” and with a commercial litigation partner hailed as an elite UK lawyer.
McGuireWoods’ highest ranking in The Legal 500 UK guide for 2014 is in the “Finance-Bank Lending: Investment grade debt and syndicated loans. The respected publication describes the international firm’s London banking and finance team as “flawless on service, quality, experience and value.” Partner Marc Isaacs was cited for his work advising Bank of America on a syndicated debt facility for the Chicago Mercantile Exchange. Isaacs, Asheesh Das and Jura Junnila are also recommended in this practice area.
London-based business and securities litigation partner Hardeep Nahal is listed among the United Kingdom’s elite “Leading Lawyers” in the category of “Dispute Resolution – Commercial Litigation.” Nahal and partners Adam Greaves, David Kirk and Michael Tackley are recommended in the same category, where the firm also showed considerable firepower.
The Legal 500 UK guide lists McGuireWoods as a recommended firm in these categories:
- Corporate and Commercial - M&A: Mid-market
- Dispute Resolution - Commercial Litigation
- Finance - Bank Lending: Investment grade debt and syndicated loans
- Human Resources - Employment - Employers and Senior Executives – Employment - Employers
- Real estate - Commercial Property
- Real estate - Commercial Property - Commercial Property: investment
- Real estate - Commercial Property - Commercial Property: retail
Eleven lawyers from the firm’s London office are recommended in the 2014 listing:
- Corporate and Commercial - M&A: Mid-market: Mark Langford, Philip Newhouse
- Dispute Resolution – Commercial Litigation: Adam Greaves, David Kirk, Hardeep Nahal and Michael Tackley.
- Finance – Bank Lending Investment Grade Debt and Syndicated Loans: Asheesh Das, Marc Isaacs and Jura Junnila
- Human Resources - Employment - Employers and Senior Executives: Daniel Peyton
- Real Estate – Commercial Property: Petar Orlic
The Legal 500 Series is widely acknowledged as the world’s largest legal referral guide. Researchers surveyed and interviewed more than 250,000 corporate counsel globally. The Legal 500 is an independent guide, and firms and individuals are recommended purely on merit.