McGuireWoods’ capital markets team earned high rankings in two prominent league tables for advising corporate issuers and underwriters in a variety of transactions in 2016.
The firm ranked among the leaders in four categories in Bloomberg’s 2016 Global Legal Adviser League Tables:
- 2nd in volume ($1.4 billion) in U.S. Equity Linked Issuer Advisers;
- 12th in volume ($23.2 billion) in U.S. Corporate Issuer/Borrower Advisers;
- 13th in volume ($20.2 billion) and 15th in deal count (25) in U.S. Investment Grade Issuer Advisers; and
- 16th in volume ($3 billion) in U.S. High Yield Issuer Advisers.
McGuireWoods also finished strong in multiple categories in Thomson Reuters’ Global Capital Markets Review for deals closed in 2016:
- 13th in deal count (30) and 16th in volume ($22.8 billion) in U.S. Straight Debt Excluding Asset-Backed Securities (ABS) and Mortgage-Backed Securities (MBS);
- 15th in deal count (30) and 17th in volume ($22.8 billion) in U.S. Straight Debt Including ABS and MBS;
- 16th in deal count (34) and 18th in volume ($25.6 billion) in U.S. Debt, Equity and Equity Related; and
- 20th in deal count (33) and 23rd in volume ($23.4 billion) in Global Straight Debt Excluding ABS and MBS.
“These rankings are a testament to the exceptional work our lawyers have done on behalf of our clients over the past year,” said Richard Viola, chair of the firm’s Securities Department. “We’re grateful for the confidence our clients have placed in us, and we’re looking forward to another strong year.”