Arsen is a member of McGuireWoods LLP's Class Action and Data Privacy and Security teams. Arsen handles both individual and class action lawsuits, including cases arising out of, among other things, right of publicity, invasion of privacy, data breach, identity theft, false advertising, debt collection, and credit reporting claims. Not only is Arsen a litigator, but he also conducts internal investigations for major banks and companies, and holds the CIPP/US credential as a Certified Information Privacy Professional from the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
Some of Arsen’s most notable accomplishments include:
• Precluding class's expert on damages from providing live testimony at trial.
• Excluding plaintiff’s damages expert from testifying in right of privacy trial.
• Obtaining dismissal of a multi-million dollar securities fraud case.
• Dismissing numerous lender-liability lawsuits at pre-trial stage.
• Obtaining new trial on offset damages in decade-long class action and affirmance of ruling on appeal.
• Obtaining reversal on appeal of orders awarding class attorneys’ fees and costs.
• Conducted hundreds of internal investigations and compliance audits.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods LLP, Arsen was a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Gary Allen Feess in the Central District of California. As a clerk, he drafted bench memoranda and orders pertaining to, among other things, complex business disputes, employment and labor law claims, class actions, securities litigation, trademark and copyright infringement claims, and civil rights violations.
During law school, Arsen worked with the U.S. Air Force Judge Advocate General’s Corps and the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office to investigate and prosecute courts- martial and other crimes. He was also actively involved in public service and represented indigent clients with immigration and employment law disputes. In addition, Arsen was a Sayre MacNeil scholar and a member of Alpha Sigma Nu honor society and the Vis East International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court Team.