Doing business in a global environment requires experience and up-to-date knowledge, not only of U.S. federal and state antitrust laws, but also of the laws of the EU and the sometimes atypical laws of other countries. The often-conflicting substance and interpretation of these laws can affect companies in unexpected ways, creating new challenges, but also significant opportunities.
We are business advisors and counselors to domestic and foreign companies spanning dozens of industries. Our antitrust and trade regulation lawyers have devoted their legal careers to solving the antitrust problems that businesses face daily.
Our main goal for clients is to prevent litigation from arising in the first place. To do so, we prepare antitrust audits, assess and implement compliance programs, and provide employee training programs. These services allow clients to recognize and avoid “antitrust sensitive” situations, and to take advantage of the pro-competitive elements of antitrust laws.
Additional antitrust business counseling that we provide includes:
- Conduct training programs and seminars on antitrust for clients and their employees.
- Help clients design sales, marketing and distribution systems that comply with antitrust laws.
- Advise clients on a variety of pricing and distribution issues, such as resale price maintenance, exclusivity, most favored nation clauses, and price discrimination.
- Handle franchising questions and registrations.
- Structure joint ventures and strategic alliances.
- Deal with trade regulation issues of the EU and other international venues.