Private Wealth Services Group of McGuireWoods LLP recently authored a book
titled Making Sense of the 2010 Estate Tax Legislation, published by CCH,
a Wolters Kluwer business. This 159-page guide provides individuals and
fiduciaries and their advisors with practical knowledge and tools for estate
planning and administration under the Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance
Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 (the "2010 Tax Act"), which made
significant changes to these taxes for 2010, 2011, and 2012. Topics include:
- Information needed to better understand the changed environment and the
obstacles and opportunities it presents.
- An understanding of the impact of the 2010 Tax Act by examining its
history and provisions.
- Steps that can be taken with respect to lifetime gifts made in 2010 in
light of the new law, and recommendations for taking advantage of the
favorable environment in 2011 and 2012 to make lifetime gifts using all of
the techniques available.
- Increased importance of state taxes under the 2010 Tax Act
Charitable giving in 2011.
- Impact of 2010 Tax Act on international estate planning.
The book was edited by partners
Fox. To order Making Sense of the 2010 Estate Tax Legislation in hard
copy or eBook format on CCH website,