Launched in August 2020, McGuireWoods’ continuously updated comprehensive
online guide helps companies navigate Washington, D.C.’s complex employment
laws. The 100-page, fully annotated publication helps human resources
professionals, in-house counsel and small-business owners avoid pitfalls
and obtain answers to common questions about the District’s workplace laws.
Key updates since the launch address the following:
- D.C.’s new public health emergency leave under the Accrued Sick and
Safe Leave Act
- D.C.’s new COVID-19 leave under the D.C. FMLA
- Employers’ quarterly reports to the government about tipped
- The new D.C. labor law universal notice
- Updated mandatory workplace training for tipped wage workers
- New requirements for D.C. employers who offer parking benefits to
- The new D.C. paid voting leave law
The guide also includes citations to new cases and administrative guidance.
To request access to the updated guide, click on the button below.
John Thomas authored the guide and oversees updates. Partners
David Greenspan and
Elena Marcuss serve as editors.
McGuireWoods’ labor and employment lawyers advise local, national and
multinational employers — including small businesses, government entities
and Fortune 500 companies — on compliance with state, federal and
international law; internal investigations; federal contracting; and
executive compensation. The firm earned national Tier 1 rankings for
employment law and labor and employment litigation in the 2020 edition of
U.S. News-Best Lawyers
’ “Best Law Firms.”