12 – 1:30 p.m. (ET) | 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (CT) | 9 – 10:30 a.m. (PT)
On April 21, 2020, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of the Army published the final Navigable Waters Protection Rule in the Federal Register to define “waters of the United States.” The rule became effective June 22.
Join McGuireWoods, the Virginia Association of Wetland Professionals, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality for a discussion of the new rule and its implications for wetlands permitting in Virginia.
- What’s changed
- Current and anticipated legal challenges to the rule
- Federal perspective — USACE and DEQ implementation of the rule
- Laura Rader-Dixon, President, VAWP (Moderator)
- John Lain, Senior Counsel, McGuireWoods
- Heather Stevenson, Counsel, McGuireWoods
- Tom Walker, Chief, Norfolk Regulatory Division of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Dave Davis, Director of Office of Wetlands and Stream Protection, Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
Our programs are intended for the benefit of our clients and contacts and we reserve the right to refuse any registration at our sole discretion.