12 – 2:15 p.m. (CT)
McGuireWoods invites you and your colleagues to attend Tom Spahn's annual
ethics program. This event, which is typically held in Chicago, will be hosted virtually again this year. The two-hour interactive
program uses hypotheticals to explore topics of interest to litigators and to
transactional lawyers whose clients might face litigation.
- Lawyers’ public communications about cases and judges
- Lawyers’ ex parte communications with adverse corporations’ current and
- Threatening criminal or disciplinary charges
- Discovery techniques such as recording calls and accessing social media
- Exploiting inadvertently transmitted communications and metadata
- Filing ghostwritten and time-barred claims
Thomas E. Spahn
served on the ABA Standing Committee on Ethics and Professional Responsibility,
and has spoken at more than 2,000 CLE programs on ethics and other topics. Tom
was selected as the 2013 and 2020 metro-Washington, D.C., "Lawyer of the Year"
for "Bet the Company Litigation" by Best Lawyers®.
Our programs are intended for the benefit of our clients and contacts and we reserve the right to refuse any registration at our sole discretion.