McGuireWoods invites you and your colleagues to attend Tom Spahn's annual ethics
program in Charlottesville. The two-hour interactive program uses hypotheticals to explore situations
in which lawyers' interests might conflict with their clients' interests. Following the program, please join us and fellow attendees for a networking reception.
- Applicability of ethics rules to lawyers' non-legal
- Doing business with clients
- Accepting gifts from clients
- Representing unpopular clients
- Lawyers' agreements to limit their practice in
partnership agreements or in litigation settlements
- Limiting liability to clients
- Disclosing malpractice to clients
- Resolving disputes with clients
- File ownership after representations end
- Duty to protect former clients
Thomas E. Spahn, Counsel, McGuireWoods LLP
Spahn has served on the ABA Standing Committee on Ethics and Professional
Responsibility, and has spoken at more than 2,000 CLE programs on ethics and
other topics. Tom was selected as the 2013 and 2020 metro-Washington, D.C.,
"Lawyer of the Year" for "Bet the Company Litigation" by Best Lawyers®.
We are seeking 2 hours of ethics MCLE credits for this program.
For more information, please contact
Laiza L. Goytia.
Our programs are intended for the benefit of our clients and contacts and we reserve the right to refuse any registration at our sole discretion.