CLE is available in multiple states.
While simple in the abstract, attorney client privilege issues can get complicated very quickly in the real world. Join Practical Law
for a webinar discussing how to provide practical guidance to management on the maintenance of
the attorney-client privilege and work product protection.
During this webinar, attendees will:
- Learn training techniques to effectively explain the attorney-client privilege and work product protection to non-lawyers.
- Obtain practical guidance on creating a corporate atmosphere conducive to maintaining the privilege.
- Discover special considerations when addressing the Board of Directors.
- Explore real-life examples where attorney-client privilege was waived, the effect this had on the situation and how waiver could have been prevented.
- Have a basis for creating realistic restrictions on employee social media usage to avoid waiver of privilege.
A short Q&A session will follow.
Thomas E. Spahn, Partner, McGuireWoods LLP
Since June, 2000, Tom has issued short email alerts every Wednesday afternoon describing
attorney-client privilege and work product developments. You can sign up for these "Privilege Points"
Brian Lavin, Senior Legal Editor, Practical Law Litigation
For additional information, please visit