Practising Law Institute (PLI)
New York, NY
Partner Benjamin Hsing will speak at this course offering attendees a review of 35 USC 101, patent eligibility, and the touchstones of patentability: prior art (102) and obviousness (103). Attendees will obtain a working understanding of recent interpretations, case law, along with some perspective on the future of both.
What Attendees Will Learn
- Section 101: still on the move?
- 102 and its dates: is there a “grace period” for a secret sale?
- Understanding the “effective filing date” in global terms
- Analyzing 102 – pre- and post-AIA
- A comprehensive review of KSR and 103 via the CAFC and PTAB
- Impact of benefit claims on the prior art date of a reference and the effective filing date of the application being examined
- Application of new 101 PTO specific guidance post-Myriad, Mayo, Alice.
More information and registration details are available at the PLI website.