McGuireWoods, one of the world’s pre-eminent banking and finance law firms, again ranked among the top firms for advising lenders in debt finance transactions in 2023, according to league tables published by the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG), Bloomberg and Debtwire.
McGuireWoods advised lenders on 140 global deals valued at $123 billion to rank fourth in deal count and eighth in proceeds in LSEG’s authoritative league tables. The firm ranked fourth in deal count and sixth in proceeds for representing lenders in U.S. syndicated loans, with 116 deals valued at $101 billion.
For 13 consecutive years, McGuireWoods has ranked among the top 10 U.S. law firms for deal count and dollar value in lending league tables published by LSEG and its predecessors, Refinitiv and Thomson Reuters. In 11 of those years, the firm finished among the top five in deal count.
McGuireWoods also achieved high ratings in Bloomberg’s Global Legal Adviser League Tables and Debtwire’s rankings for U.S. middle market loans and North America leveraged loans.
In Bloomberg’s report, the firm earned the following rankings:
- fourth in deal count and sixth in dollar value for representing lenders in loans worldwide;
- third in deal count and fifth in proceeds for U.S. syndicated loans;
- fifth in deal count and proceeds for U.S. leveraged loans; and
- 10th in deal count and 17th in proceeds for U.S. leveraged finance transactions.
In Debtwire’s rankings, McGuireWoods earned the following rankings for advising lead banks in lending transactions, based on total deal value:
- first for U.S. middle market loans;
- fourth for North America M&A leveraged loans;
- fifth for North America leveraged loans;
- fifth for middle market, private equity-backed loans;
- seventh for North America M&A institutional loans;
- 10th for North America Institutional loans;
- 12th for North America buyout leveraged loans; and
- 14th for North America buyout institutional loans.
“We were proud to deliver another strong performance for clients in 2023 and we look forward to building on our success in the year ahead,” said Kevin McGinnis, chair of McGuireWoods’ Debt Finance Department.
McGuireWoods’ finance practice is one of the largest in the United States. The firm represents leading financial services institutions, including the top 10 U.S. banks ranked by assets. Law360 has twice named McGuireWoods a “Banking Practice Group of the Year” for excellence representing financial services institutions in litigation, transactional and regulatory matters.