McGuireWoods ranked among the top 10 law firms for advising corporate issuers and underwriters in U.S. capital markets transactions during the first quarter of 2018, according to definitive league tables published by Thomson Reuters and Bloomberg.
The firm’s capital markets team earned four top 10 rankings in the Bloomberg Global Adviser League Tables:
- No. 5 in volume ($13.8 billion) and No. 10 in deal count (9) in U.S. Investment Grade Corporate Bonds;
- No. 6 in volume for U.S. Corporate Bonds ($13.8 billion); and
- No. 8 in volume for U.S. Equity Offerings ($1.4 billion).
The firm also ranked 15th in deal count (9) for U.S. Corporate Bonds and 15th in dollar value ($3.7 billion) for Global Bonds in the Bloomberg report.
In Thomson Reuters’ Global Capital Markets Review, the firm earned top 10 rankings in the following categories:
- No. 5 in deal count (15) and No. 7 in volume ($17.4 billion) in U.S. Straight Debt Excluding Asset-Backed Securities (ABS) and Mortgage-Backed Securities (MBS);
- No. 8 in volume ($18.9 billion) and No. 10 in deal count (18) for U.S. Debt, Equity & Equity-Related Transactions; and
- No. 9 for both volume ($17.4 billion) and deal count (15) in U.S. Straight Debt Including ABS and MBS.
Notable first-quarter transactions include the firm’s representation of international biopharmaceutical company Biofrontera AG in its initial public offering on the NASDAQ Capital Market and advising American Woodmark in its private offering of $350 million in senior notes.
“McGuireWoods consistently ranks among the elite law firms for advising clients in capital markets transactions and we are off to a great start in 2018,” said Greg Kilpatrick, chair of the firm’s Securities & Capital Markets Department. “We look forward to building on this momentum for our clients.”