Dewey focuses his practice on advising private equity funds, their portfolio companies, strategic acquirers and other institutional investors in connection with mergers and acquisitions and other complex business transactions, as well as the corporate governance and legal maintenance of privately held entities.
He regularly represents private equity funds, institutional co-investors, independent sponsors, privately held companies and executives in a wide variety of transactional matters, including platform and add-on acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, minority equity investments, divestitures, recapitalizations, commercial transactions, executive employment and separation agreements, international subsidiary concerns, and corporate governance matters.
His transactional experience spans a wide array of industries, including healthcare, medical devices, food and beverage, distribution and manufacturing, financial institutions, industrial and consumer products and technology, and has involved extensive cross-border engagements.
Dewey contributes a results-oriented approach to client engagements, leveraging McGuireWoods’ firm-wide capabilities to provide efficient, tailored representation across a wide range of transaction sizes and structures, enabling him to deliver tremendous value to his clients at every stage of an investment’s life cycle from platform investment to the exit.
- Represented TTG Imaging Solutions, a leading end-to-end provider of medical imaging equipment and related services, in various transactions, including its acquisitions of Digirad Health, Acceletronics, Medical Imaging Technologies, Vanguard Solutions, and Advanced Nuclear Consultants.
- Represented OrthoAlliance MSO, a multi-state orthopedic management services organization and a portfolio company of Revelstoke Capital Partners, a Denver-based private equity firm, in ten add-on acquisitions of clinical practices and three investments in ambulatory surgery centers.
- Represented Revelstoke Capital Partners, a Denver-based private equity firm, in its $600 million sale of CEI Vision Partners, an optometry and ophthalmology management services organization to EyeCare Partners, a portfolio company of Partners Group.
- Represented Assured Healthcare Partners, a private equity firm, in multiple acquisitions in the healthcare and healthcare technology space and including acquisition, disposition and portfolio work for a number of its portfolio companies.
- Represented a land use and real property rights SaaS solutions provider, a portfolio company of a leading publicly traded alternative investment management company, in two add-on acquisitions, including cross-border components.
- Represented Vet’s Best Friend, an operator of general practice veterinary clinics and hospital and a portfolio company of Revelstoke Capital Partners, in its sale to Rarebreed Veterinary, the industry-leading operator of veterinary practices.
- Represented Revelstoke Capital Partners in its recapitalization of Crossroads Treatment Centers, a leading behavioral health provider.
- Represented a New Jersey medical practice in its conversion to a management services organization structure and the resulting sale to a private equity investor.
- Represented publicly traded healing solutions business in its acquisition of a leading neuromodulation and rehabilitation device business.
- Represented a publicly traded banking corporation in its acquisition finance of several dental service organization investments.
- Represented an independent sponsor in its sale of a medical imaging devices business to a private equity acquiror.
- Represented healthcare executive in negotiation of employment, equity compensation and related matters with a venture capital-backed Silicon Valley health-tech startup.
- Represented various publicly traded financial holding companies in acquisitions of various regional banking entities in transactions totaling more than $3 billion in aggregate consideration.
- Represented publicly traded financial holding company in its $13 billion sale to a multinational investment bank.
- Represented a Puerto Rico banking institution in its acquisition of the regional banking operations of an international financial institution.
- Represented a global consumer and pet food manufacturer in a major international internal reorganization implicating numerous legal systems across each inhabited continent.
- Represented a national Mediterranean fast-casual restaurant business in its $300 million take-private acquisition of a publicly traded competitor.
- Represented independent sponsor acquisition of a national producer and processer of cheese and edible products.
- Represented premier European private equity fund in its investment in a privately held fashion designer.
- Represented a private equity investor’s acquisition of an international cosmetics business.
The University of North Carolina School of LawJD
Order of the Coif, Articles Editor, North Carolina Law Review2018
The University of North Carolina at WilmingtonBAHistory and Political Science