Jennifer is a member of the firm’s complex commercial litigation team with an emphasis on toxic tort, product liability, transportation, and personal injury disputes. She serves as national coordinating counsel for a client in the transportation industry, providing strategic advice and defending a portfolio of litigation in various jurisdictions. Further, Jennifer currently represents a Big Three automobile manufacturer in numerous cases involving alleged exposure to asbestos. She also represents an international medical device company in product liability litigation.
Jennifer has experience litigating cases involving wrongful death, commercial vehicle accidents, premises liability, cost recovery, breach of contract, foreclosures, and mechanic’s liens. She has handled all aspects of litigation, including fact and expert discovery, motion practice, oral argument, settlement, and trial. She has served as part of the electronic discovery team for a Fortune 100 client. She also has defended various Fortune 500 companies, including financial service entities, against claims in state and federal courts.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Jennifer represented individuals and corporations in a variety of practice areas including product liability, personal injury, worker’s compensation, insurance coverage disputes, medical malpractice, automobile consumer protection law, and family law.
Jennifer’s pro bono experience includes representing immigrants seeking asylum in the United States, landlord tenant disputes, and serving as a guardian ad litem for children in abuse and neglect cases.
- Obtained summary judgment for an automotive client in federal court.
- Obtained summary judgment for a Big Three automobile manufacturer in asbestos litigation.
- Achieved a trial victory for a Fortune 500 financial services company in a disputed foreclosure confirmation case.
- Defended a Fortune 500 company and its insurer at trial in a mechanic’s lien case.
- Obtained dismissals with prejudice for various corporate clients in state and federal courts.
- Negotiated numerous settlements on behalf of corporate clients.
Widener University School of LawJD
Dean’s List, Research Editor, Widener Law Symposium Journal2003
Emory UniversityBASpanish and Women's Studies
Recipient, “McGuireWoods Excellence Award for Pro Bono Service,” 2021
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia