Cory focuses his practice on defending companies in a wide variety of product liability and commercial litigation matters.
Cory graduated magna cum laude from The University of Alabama School of Law. While in law school, Cory was an editor for the Alabama Law Review and a member of the national moot court team that won the 69th Annual National Moot Court Competition in 2019. Cory also received Best Paper awards in Legal Writing I and II, Products Liability, Conflicts of Law, and Secured Transactions.
Prior to law school, Cory taught middle school English in Charlotte, NC as a Teach for America Corps member.
The University of Alabama School of LawJD
magna cum laude, Junior Editor, Alabama Law Review2020
- Washington and Lee UniversityBAAmerican History and English, Minor in Africana Studies2015
- Author, Ninth Circuit Reverses Award of Attorneys’ Fees More than 30 Times Greater than Amount Received by Class Members, Class Action Countermeasures, June 13, 2023
- Author, Seventh Circuit Strikes Down Stealth Class Actions, Class Action Countermeasures, June 6, 2022
- Author, First Circuit Upholds Sanctions Related to Attorney’s Fees, Class Action Countermeasures, February 16, 2022
- Author, 6th Circuit Casts Doubt on Associational Standing Doctrine, Class Action Countermeasures, September 22, 2021
- Author, "9th Circuit also weighs in on personal jurisdiction at class certification stage", Daily Journal, August 26, 2021
- Author, 9th Circuit Gives Defendants Room to Challenge Personal Jurisdiction at Class Certification, Class Action Countermeasures, August 16, 2021
- Author, 6th Circuit Holds Class Certification Evidence Does Not Have to Be Admissible, Class Action Countermeasures, March 31, 2021