Casey’s practice focuses on a range of technology-related matters, including software as a service, licensing, data privacy and security, and outsourcing deals.
She also has experience in general corporate, governance, compliance, and transactional matters. Before joining McGuireWoods, Casey was in-house counsel at a Fortune 200 electrical distributor where she routinely reviewed, drafted, and negotiated commercial sales contracts, reseller and distributor agreements, and service provider agreements with the company’s industrial suppliers and customers. She also supported the company’s digital transformation initiatives, largely in connection with the Innovation Office, which focuses on partnerships with startup technology firms. Her in-house and previous law firm experience also included data privacy compliance matters, including with respect to the General Data Privacy Regulations 2016/679 (EU) and California Consumer Privacy Act.
Casey also provides focused review for mergers and acquisitions issues related to technology, licensing, and data privacy matters.
- Representation of a private university in connection with deployment of an enterprise-wide human resource management (ERP) cloud solution.
- Representation of a national publicly traded retailer in connection with the negotiation of a multi-million dollar renewal and expansion of its point of sale system on the Oracle technology platform, utilizing both on-premise and cloud-based services.
- Representation of a global investment management firm in connection with the negotiation of a multi-million dollar license and services agreement for Blackrock’s Aladdin technology platform, a comprehensive asset management platform.
- Representation of a global investment management firm in connection with the comprehensive business process and information technology services outsourcing to two captive offshore services companies.
- Representation of a large publicly-traded utility and energy services company in connection with a transformational business process outsourcing of its accounts payable, accounts receivable, corporate accounting, human resources, supply chain services and general finance services to an India-based global leader in IT services, consulting and business solutions.
University of Pittsburgh School of LawJD
cum laude, Staff Editor, University of Pittsburgh Law Review2015
Duquesne UniversityBAPolitical Science
Honors College, cum laude, Dean’s List2007
Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Corporate Governance and Compliance Law, 2023, 2024
Selected for inclusion in “Legal 500 United States,” Media, Technology and Telecoms: Outsourcing, 2023
Recipient, Pittsburgh Tax Club Memorial Award, Pittsburgh Tax Club, 2015