Samar focuses her practice on securities and other corporate matters.
Samar received her BA in Political Science from Boston University and her JD from New York University School of Law. During law school, she participated in the Business Transactions Clinic, where she provided legal services to small businesses.
- Representation of Journey Medical Corporation (Nasdaq: DERM), commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the development and commercialization of pharmaceutical products for the treatment of dermatological conditions, in connection with the establishment of an at-the-market program for the offering of common stock.
- Representation of Avenue Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATXI), a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of therapies for the treatment of central nervous system diseases, in a $12 million follow-on public offering of units consisting of common stock (or pre-funded warrants) and warrants.
- Advised underwriters B. Riley Securities Inc. and Roth Capital Partners in a $35.2 million IPO of Journey Medical Corp.
- Represented private equity firm in the sale of a 50% ownership interest of a joint venture.*
- Represented private equity firm in multiple line of equity commitments to acquire, explore and develop upstream assets in the United States.*
- Represented an alternative investment management firm in multiple shareholder activism campaigns against various public companies.*
- Represented a metal and chemical manufacturer in the defense of a proxy contest launched by an investment firm.*
- Represented an energy supply company in its $60 million public offering of Series A fixed-to-floating cumulative redeemable perpetual preferred units.*
* Matters were handled by Samar prior to joining McGuireWoods.
- New York
- Author, Delaware Corporate Law Update 2022, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, October 24, 2022
- Author, SEC Adopts Requirement for Universal Proxy Cards in Contested Director Elections, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, December 7, 2021
New York University School of LawJD
Member, NYU Law Journal for International Law and Politics2017
Boston UniversityBAPolitical Science, minor in Business Administration
magna cum laude, Dean’s List2013
Named to “New York Rising Stars” Securities & Corporate FinanceSuper Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2023