Katie focuses her practice on financial services and commercial litigation, leveraging her experience from two federal clerkships to represent clients through trials and appeals.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Katie served as a law clerk to the Honorable Roger L. Gregory, Chief Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, and the Honorable John A. Gibney, Jr., of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia. Katie’s prior work participating in the defense of major litigation in the legal department of a Fortune 500 financial services corporation allows her to appreciate clients’ risks and strategies.
While in law school, Katie was a John Marshall Scholar, served as the Articles and Comments Editor for the University of Richmond Law Review, and was honored as a member of the Walter Scott McNeill Law Society. She graduated first in her law school class.
- Representation of large financial institutions in litigation, including class actions, in federal and state trial and appellate courts nationwide.
- Service as national counsel for financial institution’s Fair Credit Reporting Act litigation portfolio.
- Defense of national banks against Equal Credit Act Opportunity claims and advice on related compliance strategies.
- Representation of national student loan servicer in bankruptcy-related disputes and appellate proceedings.
- Representation of amicus before the U.S. Supreme Court on Eighth Amendment issues related to sentences of life without parole.
University of Richmond School of LawJD
summa cum laude, Order of the Coif, Articles & Comments Editor, University of Richmond Law Review2017
University of VirginiaBAHistory, Minor in Sociology
- Author, Charting the Course: Charter School Exploration in Virginia, 50 U. Rich. L. Rev. 839, 2016
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
- Hon. John Gibney Jr., U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, 2017-2019
- Hon. Roger Gregory, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, 2019-2020