Carrie represents energy and utility clients on a variety of matters before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC). She has experience with representing companies seeking market-based rates, stated rates, and formula rates; filings to maintain market-based rates; and has represented clients filing complaints and comments with respect to Regional Transmission Organizations (RTOs).
In NERC audit and enforcement actions, Carrie has assisted clients with responding to Regional Entities (including RFC, SERC, and AESO) regarding notices of alleged violations of various NERC Reliability Standards.
While attending law school, Carrie served as a legal intern for NERC’s Office of Compliance and Enforcement where she analyzed NERC registration standards for entities connected to the Bulk Electric System and drafted memoranda to NERC General Counsel concerning reliability standards and enforcement actions. She also worked as a legal intern for the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Electricity and Fossil Energy where she drafted orders for Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) exportations to foreign countries and researched, analyzed, and drafted memoranda surrounding current energy policy and energy security.
The George Washington University Law SchoolJD
Editor-in-Chief, George Washington Journal of Energy and Environmental Law2017
Colorado State UniversityBAPolitical Science and Journalism, minor in Spanish
Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Energy Law, 2024
- Co-author, McGuireWoods FERC Enforcement Reporter, 2023 edition
- Author, More Courts Reject FERC’s Jurisdictional Claims in Battle Over Rejection of Filed-Rate Contracts in Bankruptcy, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, August 19, 2022
- Author, Crypto-Miners, Large Loads Subject to New Interim Interconnection Process in ERCOT, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, April 21, 2022
- Author, FERC’s New Infrastructure and Environmental Impacts Priority – What to Expect in Enforcement Cases, Subject to Inquiry, April 13, 2022
- Author, FERC Declines to Assert Jurisdiction Over State-Run Net-Metering Programs, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, July 17, 2020
- Author, FERC to Consider Whether to Expand Jurisdiction Over State-Controlled Net Metering Sales, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, April 29, 2020
- Author, Lines in the Sand: FERC Clarifies Its Jurisdiction Over “Practices Affecting” Wholesale Rates Related to RTO and ISO Rules, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, January 27, 2020