John’s experience includes consulting teams and individuals on specific approaches and issues related to the e-discovery process from identification through production and presentation; developing document review budgets; drafting and implementing search terms and other conditions to cull electronic data; managing e-discovery requests in response to requests for production of documents, subpoenas, and other forms of discovery; managing document review teams; preparing detailed and defensible privilege logs; and leveraging analytics, Technology Assisted Review, and other resources to enhance accuracy, improve speed, and reduce client costs related to document review.
John has experience with commercial and financial litigation, products liability litigation, and employment litigation along with government and internal investigations. John holds certifications as a Relativity Certified Administrator (RCA) and Relativity Review Management Specialist (RRMS).
- The Pennsylvania State University, Penn State Dickinson LawJD2005
Old Dominion UniversityBSBusiness Administration
- Author, Data Preservation: Don’t Treat Discovery Like It’s 1999, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, April 22, 2019
- Author, E-Discovery Update: Look Before You Post: Beware the Dangers of File-Sharing Sites, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, March 5, 2018
- Author, E-Discovery Update: Federal Rules of Civil Procedure Amendments Go into Effect, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, December 1, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia