Chris focuses his practice on advising public and private companies on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance matters, financing transactions and securities law compliance.
While earning his law degree at the University of South Carolina School of Law, Chris served on the South Carolina Law Review and won the Best Writer award in the course of Legal Research, Analysis & Writing. Chris also completed a fellowship at the Institute for Inclusion in the Legal Profession where he provided law firms, bar associations, corporations and government agencies insight for business development and tools to eliminate bias.
- Representation of multiple publicly traded companies with respect to ongoing SEC compliance matters, including periodic reporting, annual meeting matters and related corporate governance practices.
- Representation of NYSE and Nasdaq-listed companies in capital market transactions, which encompass both private transactions as well as underwritten offerings.
- Representation of a publicly traded developer of mobile software solutions, in various transactions, including its underwritten follow-on public stock offering, various common stock private placement offerings and several acquisitions.
- Representation of a publicly traded company in the natural gas sector in connection with its separation into two separate publicly traded companies – a natural gas exploration and production company, and a coal company.
- Representation of a Pittsburgh-based cybersecurity firm in a $200 million exit transaction.
- Representation of a video media company specializing in 360-degree camera and virtual reality technology, serving as the company’s outside general counsel on various corporate matters and as lead transaction counsel in the company’s Series A Preferred Stock offering and follow-on bridge financings.
- Representation of various for-profit and non-profit corporations with entity selection and formation and obtaining 501(c)(3) status (as applicable).