Amanda has more than 20 years of public and private sector experience counseling on environmental permitting, compliance, and enforcement issues. She has focused on managing her client’s regulatory burdens and liabilities under the federal Clean Water Act and the Safe Drinking Water Act in particular.
Amanda is a sought-after legal and business advisor to utilities. She recently served as General Counsel for the National Association of Clean Water Agencies (NACWA), where she managed the legal advocacy program implementing NACWA’s mission to safeguard the interests of municipal wastewater and stormwater utilities. Amanda also served as General Counsel & Director of Public Advocacy for the Water Environment Federation, as General Counsel & Deputy Executive Director for Sanitation District No. 1 of Northern Kentucky (a public wastewater and stormwater utility), as Deputy General Counsel for the State of Kentucky Environmental & Public Protection Cabinet, and as a staff attorney with the West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection.
Through her public sector roles, Amanda is well known for her ability to leverage positive working relationships with national associations and federal/state regulators to build partnerships to achieve shared goals.
- Pace University School of LawJDEnvironmental Law Certificate2000
Eastern Kentucky UniversityBSBiology
Selected for inclusion in “Legal 500 United States,” Environment: Regulatory, 2023
- Author, SCOTUS Wetlands Ruling Significantly Reduces Federal Jurisdiction Under Clean Water Act, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, May 26, 2023
- Co-author, "Water Rights and Environmental Regulation: A Lawyer’s Guide", Chapter One: Water Rights Based on State Law, ABA, Editors: Latravia Smith, Robert Haskell Abrams, August 2018
- Co-author, "The Clean Water Act Handbook, Fourth Edition", Chapter Five: Publicly Owned Treatment Work, American Bar Association, Editor: Mark A. Ryan, June 2018
- District of Columbia
- West Virginia
- New York
- Panelist, "Top Clean Water Legal Developments of the Year", 2023 NACWA National Clean Water Law & Enforcement Seminar, November 8 - 20, 2023
- Panelist, "PFAS Impacts on Water Utilities (during the PFAS Litigation and Dispute Resolution Session)", PFAS Impacts on Water Utilities, October 26, 2023
- Speaker, 2023 Class Action Litigation: What Clean Water Utilities Need to Know Webinar, October 16, 2023
- Speaker, "Clean Water Act Update", Foundation For Natural Resources and Energy Law, Water Law Institute, November 5, 2022