McGuireWoods is a finalist in 11 deal categories for the 2018 M&A Advisor Awards, which recognize top corporate transactions from the past year and the firms involved in closing them.
The firm represented clients in six major deals that were named finalists in various categories. Winners will be announced Nov. 6 at The M&A Advisor’s annual awards gala in New York.
“This recognition from The M&A Advisor is the latest of many well-deserved tributes to the outstanding performance of our transactional lawyers throughout the firm,” said David Pusateri, deputy managing partner of McGuireWoods’ corporate practice. “We were proud to close these deals for valued clients and are grateful for the trust they place in us.”
The M&A Advisor recognized McGuireWoods for advising clients in the following deals:
- Merger of Park Sterling Corporation and South State Corporation: McGuireWoods represented Park Sterling Corporation — the largest community bank headquartered in the Charlotte area — in a stock-for-stock merger with South State Corporation valued at $691 million. The deal is a finalist for Corporate/Strategic Deal of the Year ($500 million-$1 billion) and Financials Deal of the Year.
- Investment in Tax Guard by Falfurrias Capital: McGuireWoods advised private equity firm Falfurrias Capital in its investment in Tax Guard, a financial technology company that provides tax risk due diligence services to lenders. Falfurrias focuses on investing in growth-oriented, middle-market businesses. The deal is a finalist in three categories: M&A Deal of the Year ($50 million-$75 million), Private Equity Deal of the Year ($50 million-$100 million) and IT Deal of the Year ($50 million-$100 million).
- Strategic Partnership of Revelstoke Capital Partners With Cincinnati Eye Institute to Form CEI Vision Partners: The firm advised Revelstoke in its investment in CEI Vision Partners, an ophthalmology management services organization formed in partnership with Cincinnati Eye Institute, one of the nation’s largest independent ophthalmology practices. The transaction is a finalist for Healthcare and Life Sciences Deal of the Year (over $100 million-$1 billion).
- Financing of KBR Inc.: The firm represented Bank of America in underwriting $2.15 billion of senior secured credit facilities for KBR Inc., which the company used to fund immediate M&A and project requirements. The deal is a finalist for Debt Financing of the Year.
- Restructuring of Beaulieu Group LLC: In its role as special corporate counsel to Beaulieu Group LLC, McGuireWoods helped steer a going concern sale of the debtors’ assets and businesses to Engineered Floors and the successful confirmation of the debtors’ Chapter 11 plan. The matter is a finalist for Restructuring of the Year and Consumer Discretionary Deal of the Year.
- Acquisition of Fast Growing Trees by Summit Park: McGuireWoods represented private investment firm Summit Park II, LP in its recapitalization of Fast Growing Trees LLC, a leading direct-to-consumer e-commerce retailer of trees and shrubs. The transaction is a finalist for M&A Deal of the Year ($75 million-$100 million) and Consumer Staples Deal of the Year (under $100 million).
Earlier this year, Mergers & Acquisitions magazine named McGuireWoods “Law Firm of the Year” in its Mid-Market M&A Awards, honoring the firm for the growth of its deal work and for innovative, client-focused private equity initiatives. McGuireWoods consistently ranks among the top law firms for M&A in authoritative league tables published by Thomson Reuters and Bloomberg.
Founded in 1998, The M&A Advisor publishes insights and intelligence on mergers and acquisitions and serves as a premier leadership organization of M&A, turnaround and finance professionals.