6 Key Takeaways from McGuireWoods’ Latest Strategic Risk & Compliance Webinar
- The private equity industry is facing unprecedented regulation and regulatory scrutiny, with new obligations under consideration.
- Addressing anti-corruption and anti-bribery compliance is a particularly important focus area, as federal law enforcement has indicated intent to specifically target the industry.
- Other key focus areas include anti-money laundering (AML) and cybersecurity risk.
- Compliance risks and the efforts needed to mitigate them will only continue to grow as private equity continues to expand into international markets.
- In addition to being the best way to avoid regulatory and law enforcement scrutiny, investing in compliance also can help minimize M&A due diligence costs and maximize the valuation of investments.
- By deploying just a handful of tools and techniques across their portfolios in a smart, targeted fashion, private equity firms can establish and maintain robust, scalable compliance programs.
You can review the presentation by clicking here and can view a recording of the webinar by clicking here.