McGuireWoods and Juniper Advisory present an interactive webinar examining the impact of healthcare reform on hospital consolidation. The panel of speakers address how the hospital community may react to the cost pressures and changes included in the final healthcare reform legislation.
- Whether individual hospitals and small systems are too small to succeed in the current environment.
- Reasons why the hospital industry has been slower to consolidate compared to other industries.
- What aspects of healthcare reform may impact hospital consolidation.
- Legal and compliance considerations for hospital management prior to consolidation.
- How to structure tax-exempt hospital transactions to ensure that local communities benefit and the charitable mission of the hospital is fulfilled.
- Current market trends and structures in hospital transactions.
- Thomas C. Brown Jr., Partner, McGuireWoods LLP
- James E. Burgdorfer, Principal, Juniper Advisory
- Rex J. Burgdorfer, Associate, Juniper Advisory
- Barton C. Walker, Associate, McGuireWoods LLP
- Kristian A. Werling, Attorney, McGuireWoods LLP