April 20, 2011 – Healthcare Private Equity Wednesday Webinar Series
- Slide presentation
Healthcare and life sciences companies do business in a heated regulatory enforcement environment. Buyers of healthcare and life sciences companies are placing increasing scrutiny on target companies’ compliance with healthcare laws and regulations. As such, it’s becoming more and more common for due diligence of potential portfolio companies to uncover actual and potential violations of laws and regulations.
- Discussion of current healthcare and life sciences regulatory enforcement environment.
- Key diligence areas for potential healthcare and life sciences investments.
- Overview of mandatory and voluntary self-disclosure and reporting protocols.
- Case studies examining common due diligence compliance and regulatory issues discovered during due diligence.
- Examination of legal obligations to self-disclose violations of laws to regulatory agencies.
- Addressing compliance issues through representations and warranties and indemnification in acquisition documents.
- Geoffrey C. Cockrell, Partner, McGuireWoods LLP
- Jeffrey E. Rogers, Partner, McGuireWoods LLP
- Amber McGraw Walsh, Partner, McGuireWoods LLP
- Kristian A. Werling, Partner, McGuireWoods LLP
For information on McGuireWoods events and seminars, click here.