- Webinar replay
The current hospital consolidation trend is likely to continue on a national level into 2013. This is driven, in part, by provider responses to the challenges and opportunities created by national and state healthcare reform initiatives. This webinar addresses board level considerations in selecting an appropriate transaction process and will also focus on the growing trend of hospital acquisitions by joint ventures comprised of investor-owned and nonprofit healthcare organizations.
- We discuss board duties as they relate to the suitor evaluation process and the steps that a board must take to execute a defensible transaction. We discuss the various types of buyers that a hospital may attract when it announces that it is on the market.
- We examine the two key buyer joint venture models, (i) joint venturing a referral network, and (ii) the use of the academic brand by the buying entity. Both of these models have gained significant traction and provide sellers with significant additional strategic affiliation options.
- Using examples drawn from our experiences with buyer joint ventures, we explore the benefits of a buyer joint venture partner and the additional considerations that boards must consider with this model.
- Rex J. Burgdorfer, Juniper Advisory LLC
- Geoffrey C. Cockrell, McGuireWoods LLP
- Holly Carnell, McGuireWoods LLP (Moderator)