12:30 p.m., Program
2 p.m., Coffee and Networking
CLE credit pending.
This program will provide a description and analysis of the current threats, rules, standards and laws impacting commercial and government data privacy and security.
- Current threats, sources and targets of data intrusion.
- Various laws, standards of care and governing bodies related to data privacy and security in the government, technology, financial and healthcare industries.
- Human resources and labor management security challenges.
- Recent developments and trends in the class action arena.
- The intersection of employee management and data protection, including “bring your own device” (BYOD) issues and policies.
- Cloud computing and security.
- Navigating audits, investigations and lawsuits, and the role of attorney-client work product protection.
- Financial, legal, reputation and other consequences and liabilities associated with data breaches.
- 12 steps to protect against and respond to security incidents.
Bill Cook, McGuireWoods
Andrew Konia, McGuireWoods
Mark Maier, McGuireWoods
Richard Marshal, Former NSA Attorney
Benjamin Cotton, Cyber Technology Services, Inc
Sandeep Kathuria, Northrop Grumman Information Systems
Who Should Attend
This program will benefit those who obtain, store, transfer or use personal, financial or healthcare information; classified or sensitive data, trade secrets and anything else that needs to be kept confidential including providers of products and services that secure information.
For more information, contact Anna Whitehead at 703.712.5084 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our programs are intended for the benefit of our clients and contacts and we reserve the right to refuse any registration at our sole discretion.