1601 Elm Street
McGuireWoods LLP, Crowe Horwath, PEF Services and other industry leaders discussed key topics affecting the front and back offices that will drive the success of a private equity fund.
- Identifying new rules and regulations affecting the capital-raising markets (JOBS Act, FATCA, Volcker Rule, Dodd-Frank, SEC announcements and enforcement actions)
- Evaluating the dynamic LP and GP relationship – where it stands today and how the SEC is trying to change it
- Reviewing trends in limited partners’ process for evaluating funds and ILPA standards
- Recognizing how to build an auction for your company
- Discovering how to breathe life into a tired fund
Panel I: Managing and Running a PE Firm
Leading advisors discussed forming and operating a fund in the new regulatory environment.
- What are limited partners looking for in a fund?
- What is operational due diligence?
- What are the best practices regarding the allocation of fees and expenses?
- How can funds be structured to mitigate risk and to create tax efficiencies without becoming administratively burdensome?
- Christian Fuentes, Managing Director, Investar Financial
- Brian Keller, Partner, Crowe Horwath LLP
- J. Kevin Boardman, Partner, McGuireWoods LLP
- Anne Anquillare, Co-Founder and CEO, PEF Services LLC, Moderator
Panel II: Buying and Selling – Deals in Today's Market
Leading PE experts discussed buying and selling deals in today’s market.
- Where is the PE overhang in vintage 2010 taking us today?
- What are the deal differentiators that set buyers or sellers apart?
- How are PE firms making money given the overvaluation in the current environment?
- What are the key reasons deals fail?
- Taylor Curtis, Director, MHT Partners LP
- Justin Kaplan, Partner, Balance Point Capital Partners
- Tom Vande Berg, Partner, Crowe Horwath LLP
- Mary Ann Travers, Partner, Crowe Horwath LLP, Moderator