2015 promises to be an eventful year for enforcement of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (the HITECH Act). Covered entities and their business associates face random audits by the Office for Civil Rights (OCR) to assess HIPAA compliance. Meanwhile, OCR has delayed round two of the HITECH Act audits until later this year − which gives you an opportunity to internally assess your own compliance and remedy any gaps.
This webinar addressed what to expect from a HITECH Act audit and how to ensure your current HIPAA compliance program passes future audits.
- Overview of HIPAA and the HITECH Act
- Lessons from 2014 HIPAA enforcement actions
- Overview of the HITECH Act Pilot Audit Program
- Key steps to prepare for the 2015 audits
- Nathan A. Kottkamp, Partner, McGuireWoods
- Meggan Michelle Bushee, Associate, McGuireWoods