12 – 5 p.m., Lunch provided, reception to follow
CLE credit applications will be made.
McGuireWoods and industry specialists gathered for a comprehensive overview of the data privacy and security laws and guidelines affecting your company, best practices for managing your data, and strategies for mitigating the effects of data breaches and other information security incidents.
Download the complete agenda
Thomas Brown, Global Leader of Cyber Security/Investigations at Berkeley Research Group, led the investigation, arrest and prosecution of the operators of the $1.2 billion underground drug website Silk Road.
- Scott Larson, CEO, Larson Security (CISSP, CISM, CIPP, AME, CCSK, PCIP)
- Nicole Walthour, Deputy Ethics & Compliance Officer, International Paper
- Alex Brackett, McGuireWoods
- Steve Gold, Partner, McGuireWoods LLP (Chicago)
- Anne Peterson, Counsel, McGuireWoods LLP (Pittsburgh) (CIPP/US)
- Janet Peyton, Partner, McGuireWoods LLP (Richmond) (CIPP/US)
- Paul Van den Bulck, Partner, McGuireWoods LLP (Brussels) (CIPP/E)
- U.S. privacy and security law overview
- Best practices for vendor and customer contracts
- Cross-border data transfer from the EU
- Data breach prevention and response
Click here to review the Top 10 Takeaways From Our Interactive Simulation