New York, NY
Wednesday, October 16, 2019
Parker New York | 119 West 56th Street
8:30 – 9 a.m. Continental Breakfast
9 – 11:15 a.m. Program
Thursday, November 7, 2019
The Ritz-Carlton | 201 East Trade Street
3 – 5:15 p.m. Program
5:15 p.m. Reception
We are seeking 2 hours of ethics MCLE credits for this program.
McGuireWoods invites you and your colleagues to attend Tom Spahn's annual ethics program. This two-hour interactive program uses hypotheticals to explore lawyers' confidentiality and disclosure duties in the context of clients' intent to commit future misconduct.
- Distinguishing between past and future misconduct
- Clients' intent to offer false testimony
- Advising on client conduct illegal under federal law but allowed under state law
- Attorney-client privilege "crime-fraud exception"
- Clients' intent to commit future misconduct that will cause financial injury, bodily harm or death
Thomas E. Spahn, Partner, McGuireWoods LLP
Spahn has served on the ABA Standing Committee on Ethics and Professional Responsibility, and has spoken at more than 1,700 CLE programs on ethics and other topics. Tom was selected as the 2013 and 2020 metro-Washington, D.C., "Lawyer of the Year" for "Bet the Company Litigation" by Best Lawyers®.
For more information, contact Bridget Light at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our programs are intended for the benefit of our clients and contacts and we reserve the right to refuse any registration at our sole discretion.