In healthcare transactions, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) limits the disclosure of certain patient-related information and is a high-risk area with liability exposure that must be analyzed in due diligence.
In preparation for end-of-year closings, join Andrea Linna, Ann Dorsett and Colin McCarthy as they discuss how HIPAA applies to healthcare transactions. Learn how to conduct due diligence to determine if there are any HIPAA risks and examine ways to mitigate risks of noncompliance.
In this webinar, Andrea, Ann and Colin will discuss:
- How protected health information can be disclosed in due diligence and data rooms;
- Requirements for business associate agreements;
- How a target’s HIPAA compliance should be assessed during due diligence;
- How to mitigate risks associated with HIPAA noncompliance; and
- HIPAA coverage by representation and warranty insurance.
For more information contact Georgia Allin.