Partners Hubert André-Dumont and Yves Melin spoke at a session titled "From raw materials to hi-tech devices - The
impact on African mining of the regulations on conflict minerals" at this event
organized by the International Bar Association in London, UK from June 29 to
July 1. This session included regulators (EU Commission, EU Member States,
OECD), experts and companies in the mining, refining and manufacturing sectors.
The panelists provided a practical view of issues in the supply chain of
conflict minerals from their extraction to the end product and will cover the
- Explanation of the rules applicable (OECD guidance, Dodd-Frank 1502 and
the draft EU Conflict Minerals Regulations);
- Impact of these regulations on trade;
- Practical measures to take to address the rules;
- Practical guidance for businesses involved;
- Impact on African businesses and people.
For more information, please visit