Anne Bentley McCray, co-chair of the firm's Discovery Counsel Services, recently participated in an all-day Corporate Counsel Roundtable held in advance of LegalTech in New York City. Anne presented the 2018 Case Law Update and moderated the "Corporate Only Roundtable" and the Judge’s Panel discussions. Attendees included representatives from Olympus, Capital One, ExxonMobil, FedEx, UBS, Credit Suisse, American Electric Power and MasterCard, among others.
Anne reviewed how the courts are actually ruling and how do the most important cases impact corporate legal discovery and technology teams. Additional topics included:
- Discovery on discovery, court’s inherent power and Sedona Principle 6
- Preservation Update - new technological challenges (e.g. Cloud, Slack, mobile data), new technological solutions
- Coordination and communication with outside counsel (eDiscovery and technology expertise, cost containment)
- GDPR, Compliance and Information Governance
- Doing more in-house (Corporate teams taking on more, setting limits)