BTI Consulting Group, Inc. cited McGuireWoods' litigation practices in several categories, including recognition as one of three as a “Litigation
Powerhouse: Class Action and Tort,” in its 2013 edition of BTI Litigation Outlook: Changes, Trends and Opportunities for Law Firms survey. BTI, a
Boston-based marketing research and management consulting firm, conducted this survey based on feedback from corporate counsel.
“The firm is extremely pleased by our high marks in a variety of practice areas in the BTI survey,” said
Terry Bagley, deputy managing partner and head of
litigation. To be listed among the preeminent law firms in the world makes us quite proud. Our team of national and international litigators includes many
young and senior partners with a substantial amount of trial experience. It is our hope that these rankings are an acknowledgement by our clients of our
commitment to providing a quality work product and first rate client service."
According to BTI’s report, today’s corporate counsel are dismissing long-held notions of litigation. No longer the legal world’s equivalent of the Wild
West, litigation holds the promise of a new frontier. A chance to transform the legal department from a soaring cost center to a strategic asset designed
to reduce risk and contain costs.
McGuireWoods was listed in the BTI Litigation Outlook in several categories, including:
- Litigation Powerhouses: Class Action and Tort (1 of 3 powerhouses)
- Product Liability Litigation (*1 of 3 standouts)
- Routine Employment Litigation (1 of 6 standouts)
- Complex Commercial Litigation (1 of 12 standouts)
- Complex Employment Litigation (1 of 6 standouts)
- Routine Commercial Litigation (honor roll)
- Most Feared Litigation Firms (honor roll)
* There were no “powerhouses” listed in the area of Product Liability Litigation as clients do not recognize powerhouses.
BTI is a provider of of strategic research to law firms and general counsel. The litigation survey referenced above was conducted after extensive
interviews with numerous in-house counsels. The results were published by BTI in September, 2012.