McGuireWoods ranked among the top 10 law firms in two highly respected year-end league tables for the number of U.S. mid-market M&A deals handled for clients, an achievement that follows the firm’s strong showing in the authoritative rankings for overall M&A deal work. In addition, McGuireWoods placed among the elite law firms for global mid-market M&A activity.
In Bloomberg’s Global M&A Mid-Market Legal Rankings, the firm earned the following rankings:
- No. 6 in deal count, with 128, in U.S. transactions up to $250 million;
- No. 8 in deal count, with 131, in U.S. transactions up to $500 million;
- No. 11 in dollar volume, with $2.7 billion, for deals up to $250 million; and
- No. 15 in deal count, with 134, in global deals up to $250 million.
In Thomson Reuters’ Mid-Market M&A Legal Review, the firm ranked:
- No. 7 in deal count, with 129, for U.S. transactions up to $500 million; and
- No. 22 in deal count, with 141, for worldwide deals up to $500 million.
The firm’s mid-market performance follows its top 10 ranking for overall M&A deal work in Bloomberg’s and Thomson Reuters’ year-end league tables, reflecting the consistently strong work of McGuireWoods’ transactional lawyers.
“Our top 10 rankings affirm that McGuireWoods is among the top M&A firms in the country, particularly in the middle market where we are preeminent,” said David Pusateri, deputy managing partner for McGuireWoods’ corporate practice.
McGuireWoods’ M&A team counsels clients on matters throughout the Americas, Europe, Asia and the Pacific Rim. The firm’s nationwide M&A practice is ranked in the 2016 edition of The Legal 500 US and McGuireWoods represented clients in two major deals that won 2016 M&A Advisor Awards.