Francis focuses his practice on government investigations and white collar litigation. He counsels companies and individuals facing Congressional investigations and agency enforcement actions.
Prior to joining the firm, Francis served as a law clerk to the Honorable David J. Porter of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and to the Honorable Elizabeth L. Branch of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
During law school, Francis interned on the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia. He also interned at the U.S. Department of Justice with the Environmental Torts Section, Civil Appellate Staff, and Office of Legal Policy.
- Not Admitted in the District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
- Hon. Elizabeth L. Branch, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit, 2020-2021
- Hon. David J. Porter, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit, 2019-2020
Georgetown University Law CenterJD
Managing Editor of Articles, Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics; Editor (Symposium Issue), Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy2019
Christendom CollegeBAPolitical Science & Economics
- Author, Preparing for an Impending Government Shutdown: Legal Hurdles for Federal Contractors, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, September 28, 2023
- Author, U.S. Supreme Court: Bankruptcy Code Abrogates Tribal Sovereign Immunity, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, June 26, 2023
- Author, Department of Labor Proposes Rule Granting Government Contractor Employees Right of First Refusal, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, August 18, 2022