Jeffrey M. Britt joined McGuireWoods Consulting in 2005 and serves as a senior vice president of MWCAdvocacy. Jeff’s primary areas of service include coalition development and management, stakeholder engagement, and grassroots mobilization. His current client portfolio includes energy, healthcare, agriculture, and land use matters.
Jeff’s previous experience includes work for several statewide candidates in Virginia, including former Attorney General Jerry Kilgore and U.S. Senator John Warner, where he developed and implemented voter outreach and turnout programs for each campaign. His experience also includes tenure as the political director for a state political party organization, as well as work in the Virginia General Assembly and Virginia Governor’s Office.
Jeff earned his bachelor’s degree from George Mason University and a master’s in public administration from Virginia Tech.
McGuireWoods Consulting LLC (“MWC”) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the McGuireWoods LLP law firm. From time to time, various McGuireWoods lawyers provide non-legal services to MWC clients, but MWC cannot provide legal services or advice. Therefore, any work MWC performs for a client does not give rise to an attorney-client relationship or privilege. Should you require legal services from McGuireWoods, as well as consulting services from MWC, you must engage the law firm separately.
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State UniversityMaster of Public Administration2014
- George Mason UniversityBAGovernment and Politics1998
- Speaker, "Opening Remarks", Mid-Atlantic Renewable Energy Summit, December 8, 2020
- Speaker, "Getting Projects Approved in the Age of Social Media", Land Use in the 21st Century: Getting Projects Approved in the Age of Social Media, November 17, 2016
- Speaker, "Bringing the Public Along: Best Practices During 3 Stages of Project Development", Electric Transmission in the East, McGuireWoods, CLE International and Natural Resources Group, September 25, 2015
Chair, Richard Bland College Foundation Board of Directors
Virginia Public Access Project (VPAP.org) Board of Directors
Sorensen Institute for Political Leadership at the University of Virginia
- Author, North Carolina Enacts Hydraulic Fracturing Law over Governor’s Veto, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, July 5, 2012
- Author, NC Passes Legislation to Allow Hydraulic Fracturing, Awaits Action by Governor, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, June 25, 2012