Kyle has an extensive background in business expansion services and economic development projects, with a special emphasis on renewable and clean energy projects.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Kyle served as the deputy general counsel for the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) in Springfield. During his tenure at DCEO, he managed the Springfield legal office as well as the legal affairs for the Large Business Development Division, the Energy and Recycling Division, the Illinois Office of Coal Development, and the Illinois Trade Office. Kyle’s economic development experience includes helping clients obtain public and private financing for economic development projects. Kyle also has extensive training and experience as a commercial litigator.
McGuireWoods Consulting LLC (“MWC”) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the McGuireWoods LLP law firm. From time to time, various McGuireWoods lawyers provide non-legal services to MWC clients, but MWC cannot provide legal services or advice. Therefore, any work MWC performs for a client does not give rise to an attorney-client relationship or privilege. Should you require legal services from McGuireWoods, as well as consulting services from MWC, you must engage the law firm separately.
- Serve as Illinois counsel for FutureGen 2.0 clean coal project. Representation has included advice regarding power purchase issues with the Illinois Power Agency and Illinois Commerce Commission; public finance issues with the Illinois Finance Authority; analysis of public utility and Illinois energy legislation; and development of liability management legislation.
- Rapidly growing representation of wind energy clients in the State of Illinois, with primary focus on tax, land use, zoning and economic development incentives, in addition to project structuring and ancillary matters.
- Representation of a major power generation clients in AAA arbitration dispute over the construction of two power plants in China.
- Assistance with due diligence as underwriter’s counsel for the City of Springfield’s $300+ million bond issuance to fund a new $500 million municipally owned power plant.
- Co-founded Illinois Wind Energy Association.
The University of Iowa College of LawJD
Washington University in St. LouisBAPolitical Science and Political Economy
summa cum laude1992
Member, American Bar Association
Former Board Member, Quad Cities Regional Economic Development Authority
Former President, Democratic Leadership for the 21st Century, 2002-2003
Former Member, Young Leaders Fund of the Chicago Community Trust, 2002-2003